New Fire and Safety Icons and ServiceNow CMDB Sync Enhancements
Product Update: Version 3.9
In this product update, we’ve added a new set of fire and safety icons to floor plan layouts, enhanced the ServiceNow CMDB Sync integration, added BACnet/IP support to the Linux version Data Collector, and made various other improvements and bug fixes.
Fire and Safety Icons
Power users and above can now add fire safety shapes to 2D and 3D layouts. The following new shapes have been added:
- Sprinkler head
- Fire extinguisher
- Smoke detector
- Fire strobe
- Fire alarm pull
In addition, there was a host of minor bug fixes, usability and performance improvements.
Improvements to Rack Temperature, Bulk Action, and Firmware Management
Rack Temperature Management
Rack temperature management has been improved. The desired rack temperature property can now be set on the location and inherited by child racks. It is also customizable on a rack-by-rack basis. Additional temperature thresholds have been added to allow users to trigger alarm events based on this new property. These thresholds are disabled by default and can be enabled by administrators.
- Users can now update certain asset properties such as design value or desired rack temperature in bulk
- Users can now set the control operations Data Collector
- Users can now set the control operations firmware update credentials
Control Operations: Firmware
- For devices that use HTTP/HTTPS for firmware updates. Users can now select either HTTP or HTTPS for the protocol and customize the port
- The defaults will remain HTTPS and 443 for protocol and port respectively
Other Notable Improvements
- IPMI discovery for Supermicro has been improved. Please make sure to update to the latest version of the Data Collector
- Network devices will now show the interface alias if there is one configured and the device supports RFC2863
- New customers will receive a new activation email template from the platform
- The sensor value retrieval API has been refactored for more performance
- The Settings navigation menu has been improved for better usability
- User password validation rules have been improved
- Asset weight is now indexed and can be used in Advanced Search
- Asset properties that are inherited from the catalog, such as rated power, rated voltage and consumed rack units, are now indexed and can be used in Advanced Search
- Power Supplies can now be added as custom components
- The “Desired Temperature” property name has been renamed to “Desired Rack Temperature” to better reflect its function
- AS-12016: Fan sensors detected over IPMI had the wrong type
- AS-12043: Certain browser settings can cause exported data filename to have the word “undefined” in place of timezone
- AS-11959: AssetTracker RFID Tag collision alarm events could not be cleared under certain circumstances
- AS-12145: Advanced Search did not convert filter values to user locale settings
For further details about the release, including API changes and notable bug fixes, please refer to the Hyperview release notes.
Let’s get started!